Employee Relations Manager LATAM
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use every day. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
What You'll Do
- Directly handling complex ER matters and investigations.
- Advising and coaching ER Partners on complex ER matters and investigations.
- Developing and driving HR initiatives - employment practice improvement, training, metrics/trending and HR analytics.
- Partnering with and guiding senior business leaders to resolve complex ER matters.
- Providing strategy, technical expertise and direction to HR partners and managers around management practices, ER and Org Effectiveness.
- Implement sound resolutions to complex employee relations issues.
- Advise and influence all levels of management around complex employee relations decisions, e.g.: performance management, business conduct, terminations, restructuring, and HR policies, guidelines and practices.
- Evaluate and review employment decisions in response to employee concerns.
- Design and conduct HR investigations and organizational assessments - recommend and develop appropriate solutions.
- Design and conduct training for HR and management on management practices.
- Design and implement trending analysis and ER metrics model.
What You'll Need
- At least 7 years of exempt level ER, HR or Legal experience.
- At least 4 years directly managing complex employee relations issues or advising corporate clients around employment practice.
- BA with preference for JD, MBA/MA or Advanced Degree in OD or I-O.
- Experience as a people manager.
- Experience improving and designing HR related processes.
- Familiarity with global HR practices and policies.
- Problem solving abilities and capacity to build solutions from scratch.
- Flexibility to be proactive in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Must be able to travel, including short-term assignments based upon business requirements.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required.
- Please submit your resume in English
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top