Employee Benefits Specialist EMEA
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
Our Global Benefits Team builds and drives the core benefit programs to support employees around the world. We work closely with individual business units as well as corporate stakeholders to ensure we're implementing meaningful programs and finding the right solutions as the company grows.
The team is looking for a Benefits Specialist to focus on supporting and scaling existing programs and processes in EMEA. This position is a great opportunity to come in and help us continue to improve and evolve our employee benefits experience.
What you'll do
- Support the administration of current benefit & perk programs across EMEA
- Track our benefit enrollments and conduct regular audits
- Partner with payroll to support monthly and annual benefit taxability processing
- Respond to escalated benefit inquiries from new and existing employees as well as assist employees in filing claims
- Build benefit guidebooks to develop self-service resources and to train our People Support team on responding to employee queries
- Work closely with our HRIS team to manage our benefit enrollment system, Darwin, troubleshoot errors with our eligibility feeds, and continue the buildout of further automation with the top priority on international benefits enrollment
- Assist with the on-going communication of our benefit programs to our employees in an innovative and creative way
- Develop interim and long-term processes to manage leave administration and support employees through this process
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in management, business, psychology
- At least 3 years of experience in benefit plan administration in EMEA
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with fluency in English
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with quickly changing business needs
- Proficiency performing basic functions in Microsoft Excel (simple calculations, vlookup, etc.)
- Experience with administrative focus within HR Systems (performing back end tasks, reporting, etc.)
- Self-driving approach to problem solving and driving projects to completion
- Initiative and creativity in looking for ways to tweak and optimize process
- Passion for partnering with all areas of the business and a willingness to jump in wherever there is a need
- Bachelor's Degree in HR Management
- Experience with Workday or Darwin
- Fluency in at least one other language relevant to the EMEA region (Particularly French, Arabic, Spanish, Russian)
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Reimbursement for participation in collective health insurance
- Fitness allowance, phone allowance, 8 paid company public holidays.
- 25 vacation days each year
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top