At Uber, we pride ourselves on the amazing team we’ve built. The driver behind all our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game changing technology we bring to market is the people that make Uber well, Uber. Delivering a first class, on-demand transportation experience takes a critical eye for quality, and we want a recruiter who has the same critical eye. Our recruiters must be able to find the diamonds in the rough.
We need help building our teams on an international level. If you’re ready to work hard sourcing and hiring top talent worldwide, this may be the gig for you. If you post and pray, probably walk away now.
The right person will be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, loves solving people problems and can thrive in a startup culture. This role is all about bringing on the smartest folks, maintaining our culture as we grow crazy fast and putting process in place to keep it moving.
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don’t get overwhelmed easily… thousands of Uber applicants each month? No prob!
- Naturally curious. You’re innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Obsessive about candidate experience. You are self aware, well-spoken on the phone and eloquent in emails. You’re respectful of the candidate and the stressful process a job hunt can be.
- Fun. You’re a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you’re flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- A utility player. You’re willing to help out wherever needed.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You’ll be tasked with supporting our Operations division across EMEA, building rad teams who launch and grow the awesome cities we operate regionally. This includes:
- Source top talents using a variety of creative techniques
- Manage hiring manager expectations and develop processes around interviewing
- Be knowledgeable about our business and why people should work here.
- Spread the UberLOVE through attending networking events, e-meetups, etc.
- Work closely with our team to improve upon existing programs and develop innovative strategy around finding top talent.
- Keep ‘em warm! Manage the existing pipeline of candidates and identify what future opportunities they may be a fit for.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 4+ years’ experience, preferably in-house (with available metrics to back up how great you are)
- Experience supporting Operations teams (including Growth Marketing, Brand, Supply, General Management)
- Creative solutions driven mindset
- Experience in a fast-growing tech environment a plus
- Solid understanding of our vision, business model and operations
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to make smart recruiting partnerships happen
- Fluency in multiple languages is a plus
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top