EMEA Community Operations Manager, Social Media - MEA
COMMUNITY OPERATIONS MANAGER, SOCIAL MEDIA – MIDDLE-EAST AND AFRICA
At Uber, providing amazing support that establishes trust for riders and driver partners—our community—is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in it and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way. We’re looking for a Community Operations (CommOps) Manager to develop and lead social media support efforts in our MEA region. CommOps and their teams are dedicated to providing world-class customer support to riders and driver partners. Uber relies on these teams to provide support for our community’s toughest issues types, provide an environment to pilot support for new products or test new support modalities or processes.
This role is responsible for strengthening the Uber brand by engaging with our ever-growing fan base across MEA. As a Social Media Community Operations Manager, you will shape the Uber brand and help support people on numerous social channels. We are looking for a highly creative and empathetic individual who is eager to stretch their content-development muscles, has a passion to help people and wants to be be part of the spectacular Uber social presence.
WHO YOU ARE
A strong leader. You have experience building, leading and managing a team. You understand how to motivate teams and individuals in a fast paced and ambiguous environment. You put your team first and are their fiercest advocate. Besides this you are a clear people person and thrive in social interactions. You know how to guide and motivate a team to get the utmost out of them even in challenging and quickly changing circumstances. You can adjust your management style to the person and to the situation. In short you are a natural strong leader and have a proven track record to back it up!
An exceptional communicator. Your communication style is flexible to the situation. From responding to sensitive socials media content online, to communicating updates to your team, to discussing metrics with key stakeholders, or presenting to leadership, you communicate clearly, emphatically and with a purpose.
- Incredibly empathetic and understanding of both riders and driver partners alike. You will be a powerful advocate for Uber’s users and are obsessed with the community experience that our riders and partners have.
- Media savvy, creative and flexible, you can adjust your tone of voice to the situation and understand the different media channels and their communication styles perfectly
- Cool and calm under pressure. You have superior organisational skills, good judgement of situations, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks.
- Strong judgement, you feel comfortable making important decisions and writing the right response quickly
- A lover of process and optimisation. You will be revolutionising social media support for the Uber community in MEA. You’re excited about the opportunity to create and experiment with support processes, and are willing and able to lead others utilising them.
- Naturally curious. You love learning how things work and you’re always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different support strategies and tracking the results.
- Data-driven and analytical in mindset is preferred. You can look at a spreadsheet and know the right questions to ask to get to actionable outcomes, and you know how to explain data in a digestible way.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You’ll be tasked with scaling social media support in an innovative way at a company that’s growing like crazy and changing constantly. You’re prepared to:
- Build, lead, motivate, and develop high performing teams within a time-sensitive and demanding environment to deliver on operational KPIs for social media.
- Set up career development plans, coach CSRs (community support representatives), and develop them into awesome people managers.
- Be a passionate advocate for all riders and driver partners and confidently answer any questions that come your way in a high stress, fast moving environment.
- Responsible for identifying trends within your team’s’ performance as well as overall support trends
- Fully care about the experience that Uber riders and driver partners have online and really make it your own, we need people that care.
- Drive continuous process improvement to deliver a world-class experience every time, all the time.
- Help build integrated campaigns: You will help and be the voice of community operations, from ideation to execution you will own the success of campaigns focused on engaging our customers in a responsible way
- Make data-driven decisions: Design, apply and iterate your decisions by acting on data. Prioritize initiatives based on the highest potential impact.
- Be relentlessly customer obsessed: Understand the perspective of our customers and work diligently to improve their connection with our product and brand.
- Collaborate cross-functionally: Act as a partner to multiple teams, collaborating between each of them to identify opportunities, solve problems, offer support, and impact our business in an innovative way.
- Develop email, blog, in-app and social copy while upholding Uber’s unique brand voice and editorial guidelines.
- Degree in business, marketing, finance or any science-related fields. \
- You have a way with words and are fluent in both Arabic and English (written and spoken)
- 4+ years of work experience in a high-volume and extremely fast-paced service-industry or customer support environment, including 2+ years of leading large teams
- Prior professional experience with social media, marketing, process optimization, systematic organization, program/project management.
- Proven ability to manage effectively, set team goals, develop people to their highest levels of performance, and guide through challenging situations.
- Willingness to work weekends and occasional holidays, in an operational 24/7 environment.
- Always willing to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on; you persevere when others fall away.
- Demonstrated Data/Analytics experience; Excel proficiency.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Experience in service-industry, media or customer support in a high-volume and extremely fast-paced environment – love and experience in social media is required!
- Employees are given Uber credits each month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built
- We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated, hard-working co-workers in a fun office environment
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top