Embedded Hardware Engineer In Test
At ATG, we are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. With locations in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto, the Advanced Technologies Group is comprised of Uber's self-driving engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. Our teams are passionate about developing long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere.
Our work doesn't end with transporting people. We are also developing self-driving truck technology to move goods more safely and cost effectively around the world. We are working to make the process of moving people and goods safer and more efficient.
Are you a great engineer who enjoys testing? Are you an independent problem solver with a high level of technical curiosity? Are you willing to put in lots of testing time to help bring new technologies from prototype to production? UATG is hiring hardware quality and test engineers to build our V&V team and help bring our perspectives to market.
As a Hardware est engineer on the V&V team, you will participate in requirements engineering, develop hardware verification and validation plans, develop test cases, design/build test fixtures, execute tests and document results to validate components and systems.
UATG is seeking Embedded Hardware Test Engineers with experience in:
- Performing verification, validation and testing activities
- Design or testing of embedded systems, micro controllers or firmware
- Programming with C, real-time constraints and hardware interfaces
- Working with sensor interfaces, such as lidar, GPS and radar
- Design, build and maintenance of test fixtures to verify firmware/embedded systems integration
- Developing tools and methods to automate testing for rapid deployment
- Implementing a wide range of test methodologies (e.g. bench testing, functional testing, integration testing)
- MaintainingA engineering processes, documentation, and configuration management
Applicants will also have experience:
- In creative problem solving
- With safety critical hardware or software development
- In automotive applications and standards
- In prototype development and testing
- In agile project environments
- In modern automotive electronics and diagnostic procedures
- With CAN Bus vehicle standard and debug
- BS in Electrical/Computer Engineering, a related field, or equivalent work experience
Here are the kinds of skills we're looking for:
- Fast learner. We're looking for team members who flourish by applying their knowledge, learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the rapid pace of a rapidly evolving research, development, and testing environment.
- Fearlessness. You think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point. You strive on showing that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time.
- Versatility. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of core engineering fields, you understand how all the pieces fit together into integrated systems, and how they impact performance.
- Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship; you'd never call code or design "released" until you're confident it's correct. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
- A great teammate. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design. You understand requirements beyond the written word and how your technical contributions will influence the viability of future products. Whether you're working on a software library used by other developers, a sensor to be retrofitted on a test vehicle, or a printed circuit to be mass produced, the other members of the team can depend on the quality of your work to rapidly advance our goals.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, ten paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top