At ATG, we are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. With locations in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto, the Advanced Technologies Group is comprised of Uber's self-driving engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. Our teams are passionate about developing long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere.
Our work doesn't end with transporting people. We are also developing self-driving truck technology to move goods more safely and cost effectively around the world. We are working to make the process of moving people and goods safer and more efficient.
Do you enjoy technology? Are you an independent problem solver with a high level of technical curiosity? Are you willing to put in lots of good ideas to help bring new technologies from prototype to production? UATG is hiring highly skilled embedded engineers who have great attention to detail, are experts solving problems, have a deep passion for cars, and will maintain a calm professional attitude under all situations. Travel to various locations will be required.
The embedded engineer works closely with our hardware and electrical engineering teams to design, implement, and test custom real-time embedded systems, with a focus on safety and performance. The embedded engineer is also responsible for providing robust and extensible APIs for downstream consumers, and serving as a support and test point-of-contact.
UATG is seeking embedded engineers with the following attributes:
- Proficient in C code, real-time constraints, and hardware interfaces (e.g. Ethernet, UART, SPI, I2C.)
- Familiarity with RTOS (real-time operating systems.)
- Excellent software engineering habits.
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Subversion and Git.
- Working knowledge of software debugging and profiling tools.
- Solid background in data structures and algorithms.
- Comfortable with both a logic analyzer and a wrench.
- Experience in a regulated, safety critical, or quality managed environment.
- Familiarity with custom board bring-up and testing, including BSP generation.
- Familiarity with sensor interfaces, such as LIDAR, GPS, and RADAR.
- Familiarity with networking protocols, including TCP and UDP.
- Familiarity with development in Linux-based environments, including kernel module development.
- Knowledge of modern automotive technologies (e.g. CAN, Flexray.)
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, ten paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top