Email Program Manager
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our apps, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers.
Can you prove that you can improve the efficiency of our email team? If so, apply and let us know how! Uber is changing the way the world moves by seamlessly connecting users across our broad marketplace of riders, drivers and more. We need someone who thrives on challenge and complexity who can enable our team to take our customer communications to the next level by constantly re-inventing our campaign creation process.
From design to data, engineering to development, you need to love to get into the weeds with problems to figure out how to break down barriers and drastically increase output. Documentation and creating fun, efficient, scalable systems are your thing. People love working with you because you make everyone’s life easier and always know the status of every project.
Last but not least, you love email marketing, or at least you love marketing to customers. You agree that marketing is how Uber tells its story and there is no better way to tell our story than through the lens of our millions of individual riders and drivers.
As member of our cross-functional CRM team, the right person will be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, able to operate and coordinate across multiple teams, and can thrive in a startup culture. This role is all about ensuring the executional success of customer communications programs, enabling the marketing team to grow the business as quickly as possible. You should bring a passion for project management and email marketing.
What You’ll Do:
- Work cross-functionally with CRM team, design, product, engineering, operations, and marketing to ensure that high-performing, on-brand emails are being rolled out in record time.
- Establish world-class workflows and continuously test and measure improvements.
- Estimate work efforts, define milestones and manage resources accordingly. Track progress, understand dependencies, and communicate status to upper management and project stakeholders.
- Proactively work to remove obstacles and enable forward momentum and progress. Manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities.
- Ability to balance team expectations, business needs, and resources to ensure correct prioritization of cross-functional work as a project evolves.
- Ensure a rapid pace of testing and that learnings are documented, shared, and rolled out.
- Ensure campaigns are properly localized with approved messaging.
What You Need:
- 2-4+ years experience working with email marketing teams to ensure operational excellence.
- Familiarity with creative process and an understanding of marketing.
- Strong familiarity with email marketing best practices, requirements and creative process.
- Experience with A/B testing.
- Impeccable communication and organization skills.
- Ability to balance an intense attention to detail with swift execution.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- A self-starting attitude—ready to seize opportunities to make an impact without needing to be told.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top