Email Marketing Manager (Special Projects) - Seoul
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our app, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 450+ cities today, Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. If you want to have a huge impact on your city and the world, this is the place to be!
About the Role
As member of a cross-functional email marketing team, the right person will be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, able to operate and coordinate across multiple teams, and can thrive in a startup culture. This role is all about communicating Uber and the brand to the masses. You should be a proven innovator and email expert, ready to build Uber email campaigns that can match our rapidly growing global brand.
What you’ll do:
- Develop email marketing strategies that engage users across the region and the globe
- Ensure email messaging is 100% accessible to everyone on both web and mobile
- Manage schedule of content and email deployment to optimize user response and actively manage email lists
- Generate, analyze, and interpret data for email campaigns
- Work closely with our policy, communications, product, business development, and growth marketing teams for strategic ad hoc campaigns
- Build structures, process, and guidance for local marketing teams operating throughout the region
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- 2-5 years experience creating and launching email campaigns using a leading ESP such as Mailchimp, ExactTarget, SQL, Responsive web and email design, or similar platform
- Experience creating and sending large-scale email campaigns
- Familiarity with CRM or some other form of database management
- Significant experience with email analytics, testing, and optimization
- Ability to balance an intense attention to detail with swift execution
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of HTML / CSS
- A self-starting attitude—ready to seize opportunities to make an impact without needing to be told
- At Uber you’ll wear many hats, work on a huge variety of projects, and help define your role and Uber’s email marketing strategy as we continue to expand and innovate around the globe!
- Employees are given Uber credits every month!
- Monthly gym reimbursement
- Ground floor opportunity with the team: shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to build a startup within a startup. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated coworkers in a fun and relaxed office environment
- We have access to an amazing list of advisors and investors that we actively engage
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience
- Equity compensation plan
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top