Email Marketing Manager
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our apps, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. We’re a game-changing startup, providing quality, on-demand car requests from the touch of your phone. A tenacity toward delivering an awesome experience for our users is critical to our success, and we’re looking for an email marketing rock star to help bolster Uber’s brand presence through highly-polished, data-driven email communications campaigns.
As member of a cross-functional email marketing team, the right person will be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, able to operate and coordinate across multiple teams, and can thrive in a startup culture. This role is all about communicating Uber and the brand to the masses. You should be a proven innovator and email expert, ready to build Uber email campaigns that can match our rapidly growing global brand.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop email marketing strategies that engage millions of users across the globe.
- Set-up and deploy complex automated communications within ExactTarget and SendGrid
- Ensure email messaging is 100% accessible to everyone on both web and mobile.
- Manage schedule of deployment to optimize user response and actively manage email lists.
- Generate, analyze, and interpret data for email campaigns.
- Work closely with our policy, communications, product, and business development teams for strategic campaigns.
- Build structures, process, and guidance for local marketing teams operating in cities around the world.
What You’ll Need:
The ideal candidate for this role should have:
- 3-5 years experience creating and launching email campaigns using a leading ESP such as ExactTarget, Responsys, CheetahMail, Campaign Monitor, or similar platform.
- Experience creating and sending large-scale email campaigns.
- Familiarity with CRM or some other form or database management.
- Experience with A/B testing.
- Ability to balance an intense attention to detail with swift execution.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- A self-starting attitude—ready to seize opportunities to make an impact without needing to be told.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top