Email Marketing Manager
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it’s heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber’s positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our apps, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. We’re a fast-paced, growing environment, providing quality, on-demand car requests from the touch of your phone. A tenacity toward delivering an extraordinary experience for our users is critical to our success, and we’re looking for someone with excellent email skills to help bolster Uber’s brand presence through highly-polished, data-driven email communications campaigns.
As member of a cross-functional email marketing team, the right person will be comfortable taking initiative to seize opportunities and can thrive in a fast-paced environment. This role is all about communicating Uber and the brand to everyone. You should be a demonstrated innovator and email expert, ready to create Uber email campaigns that can match our rapidly growing global brand.
We’re insistent that the team we’re developing to support our rapid growth is uncompromising on quality and representative of the diversity of our customers.
What you’ll do
- Work with design and marketing to code responsive emails optimized for deliverability across all email clients on both web and mobile.
- Create technical solutions and application tools to meet the requirements of email programs and marketing challenges.
- Work heavily in ExactTarget platform to automate and optimize operational processes.
- Data analysis to generate metrics and performance reports.
- Implement multivariate testing.
- Provide ExactTarget technical support to city teams.
What you’ll need
- Very excellent knowledge of HTML / CSS.
- Experience creating fluid or “hybrid” emails.
- At least 3 years experience with ExactTarget platform (AMPScript, data extensions, send definitions, etc).
- Above beginner’s knowledge of SQL.
- Basic understanding of data architecture.
- Ability to balance an attention to detail with swift execution.
- Ability to collaborate with various teams and meet deadlines.
- Critical thinker with creative solutions to resolve challenges and meet business requirements.
- Passion to learn and grow; taking initiative to succeed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top