We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
As an Lead Technician, you will help physically put together the complex puzzle that is Autonomous Vehicles. You will be directly assign tasks, work and overall manage the shop.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Working knowledge of electrical drawings and schematics
- Robotics experience preferred
- Proficient at soldering
- Familiar with measuring instruments like current and voltage meters
- Knowledge of proper strain relief techniques
- Experience with high and low voltage (AC and DC)
- Passionate about organizing and labeling cables
What You'll Need
- Hands on skills in wire termination of all types (crimp, solder, push pin, screw)
- Capable of working independently to quickly overcome challenges without supervision
- Skilled in isolating, documenting, and tracking issues systematically
- Ability to build and debug complex wiring harnesses, electrical enclosures, and design panel layouts
- Proficient in communicating with other technicians, software engineers, and executives
- True love of cars is required
- Aersospace, Power Sports, or Automotive experience a plus
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Phoenix, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
Our hardware team's role is to develop and integrate UBER self-driving technologies into existing and future vehicle platforms of multiple OEM's at scale.
Back to top