Electrical Hardware Engineer In Test
At ATG, we are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. With locations in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto, the Advanced Technologies Group is comprised of Uber's self-driving engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. Our teams are passionate about developing long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere.
Our work doesn't end with transporting people. We are also developing self-driving truck technology to move goods more safely and cost effectively around the world. We are working to make the process of moving people and goods safer and more efficient.
Uber ATG V&V Team; Are you a great engineer who enjoys testing? Are you an independent, searching for solutions with a high level of technical curiosity? Are you willing to put in lots of testing time to help bring new technologies from prototype to production? UATC is hiring hardware quality and test engineers to build our V&V team and help bring our ideas to market.
As a hardware test engineer on the V&V team, you will participate in requirements engineering, develop hardware verification and validation plans, develop test cases, design/build test fixtures, execute tests and document results to validate components and systems.
What you'll do
- Perform verification, validation and testing activities
- Design or testing of circuit boards, cameras, lidar, radar, micro controllers or computer systems
- Design, build and maintenance of electrical test fixtures
- Develop test cases to validate hardware/software integration
- Develop tools and methods to automate testing for rapid deployment
- Perform a wide range of tests (e.g. burn-in, in-circuit testing, functional testing, etc.)
- Program in C, C++ and/or Python
- Utilize data acquisition systems
- Maintain engineering processes, documentation, and configuration management
What you'll need
- creative problem solving
- experience with safety critical hardware systems and components
- automotive applications and standards
- prototype development and testing
- experience in agile project environments
- design, build and maintenance of a hardware-in-the-loop testing environment
- CAN bus vehicle standard and debug
- networking and debug
BS in Electrical/Computer Engineering, a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, ten paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top