Electrical Distribution Systems Engineer
At ATG, we are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. With locations in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto, the Advanced Technologies Group is comprised of Uber's self-driving engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. Our teams are passionate about developing long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere.
Our work doesn't end with transporting people. We are also developing self-driving truck technology to move goods more safely and cost effectively around the world. We are working to make the process of moving people and goods safer and more efficient.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Responsible for electrical distribution system designs including automotive grade wire and cable harnesses, electromechanical components, device connectors and vehicle networks
- Ensure technical designs are implemented during development, prototype builds, and launch
- Resolve electrical interfaces between ATG technology and OEM vehicle
- Diagnose system integration issues, and pinpoint resolution
- Consult with component design engineers to ensure devices integrate properly with overall system design
- Work with mechanical and electrical hardware teams to execute electrical distribution system designs
- Manage data package for 2D and 3D assemblies and related components
- Create and own system process for cataloging supplier components
- Bill of material management for electrical distribution systems
- Drawing creation for electromechanical and electrical distribution components
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Experience at a vehicle tier 1 supplier, or vehicle OEM
- Strong technical depth in automotive systems
- Experience developing and/or working with internal and industry standards
- Ability to create, understand and effectively describe complicated system level schematics
- Experience in CAD 2D + 3D (preferred CATIA, Solid works, ZUKEN E3)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex technical project under timing constraints
- Results oriented, with experiencing delivering/launching technical projects to production
- Demonstrated ability to work with outside companies to deliver joint projects
- Organizational ability to manage data
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Print management and release experience
- Affinity for working in a dynamic, global, and technology-focused environment
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task and deal with time pressure in an unstructured environment
- Willing to travel
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, paid company holidays and Uber credits.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top