Electrical Distribution Systems Engineer
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
The Electrical Distribution Systems Engineer is directly responsible in helping us further our technology. Whether through wire harness design, schematics, or current control, you will have a direct impact in our innovation.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for electrical distribution system designs including automotive grade wire and cable harnesses, electromechanical components, device connectors and vehicle networks
- Ensure technical designs are implemented during development, prototype builds, and launch
- Resolve electrical interfaces between ATG technology and OEM vehicle
- Diagnose system integration issues, and pinpoint resolution
- Consult with component design engineers to ensure devices integrate properly with overall system design
- Work with mechanical and electrical hardware teams to execute electrical distribution system designs
- Manage data package for 2D and 3D assemblies and related components
- Create and own system process for cataloging supplier components
- Bill of material management for electrical distribution systems
- Drawing creation for electromechanical and electrical distribution components
What You'll Need
- Experience at a vehicle tier 1 supplier, or vehicle OEM
- Strong technical depth in automotive systems
- Experience developing and/or working with internal and industry standards
- Ability to invent, understand and effectively describe complicated system level schematics
- Experience in CAD 2D + 3D (preferred CATIA, Solid works, ZUKEN E3)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex technical project under timing constraints
- Results oriented, with experiencing delivering/launching technical projects to production
- Demonstrated ability to work with outside companies to deliver joint projects
- Interpersonal ability to manage data
- Effective oral and written interpersonal skills
- Print management and release experience
- Affinity for working in a dynamic, global, and technology-focused environment
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task and deal with time pressure in an unstructured environment
- Willing to travel
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Phoenix, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
Our hardware team's role is to develop and integrate UBER self-driving technologies into existing and future vehicle platforms of multiple OEM's at scale.
Back to top