Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
We are looking for an experienced individual to assist with our internal e-discovery, document review and overall legal technology process. At Uber, we pride ourselves on the amazing team we've built. The driver behind all our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game changing technology we bring to market is the people that make Uber well, uber. Delivering a first class, on-demand transportation experience takes a critical eye for quality, and we want an eDiscovery Analyst who has the same passion for excellence. This is a once-in-a-career opportunity to join a legal team integral to a preeminent technology company engaged in legal battles around the world. Be a part of evolving the way the world moves--and influencing the law accordingly.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support the technical needs of the growing legal department, including coordinating with our outside counsel
- Assist with troubleshooting and maintaining complex e-discovery databases
- Oversee data management, structured and unstructured, for legal team review
- Train attorneys and paralegals on use of e-discovery systems and help develop and maintain next-level quality control systems.
- Assist with collection and production of documents
- Develop creative solutions
- Daily opportunities to help us resolve issues central to our business
WHO YOU ARE
- 3+ years of e-discovery experience in either big firm or in-house legal department
- Strong proficiency in industry standard e-discovery systems, especially Relativity
- Experience collecting ESI from a range of sources including Apple products, Google Suite, cloud storage, customer service portals, and code repositories
- Knowledge of the litigation process from initial filing through trial
- B.A./B.S. required
- Technical savvy
- Knowledge of, or desire to learn, SQL, shell-scripting, python or any additional programming chops
- A creative, entrepreneurial, and hard-working team player willing to pitch in on all projects -- no matter how small or big
- Excellent business judgment and interpersonal skills (outgoing, down-to-earth, and with a good sense of humor). You have hustle, integrity, and great follow through on tasks. You don't get easily overwhelmed.
- Highly motivated, efficient, organized, and laser-focused on the details; able to juggle multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment, both collaborating as a team to stay in sync and working independently to get the job done
- Calm in deadline-driven and high-pressure situations; self-reliant and able to prioritize workload
- A good communicator. You know how to communicate clearly in writing, and in speech.
- Enthusiastic about Uber!
- Employees are given Uber credits each month
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top