EATS Restaurant Operations Manager - Taiwan
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
The Restaurant Operations Manager role is a unique opportunity to help grow one of Uber's newest and fastest growing services in Taiwan: UberEATS. This role involves working with key accounts on everything from onboarding to ongoing account management, while ensuring flawless customer service throughout. This role requires a unique combination of team leadership, relationship-building, analytical ability, and process architecting. This is a role in a growing new sector of an already growing business. You will work with the UberEATS operations team as well as with headquarters-based engineering, product, and process teams to drive a step-change evolution in the UberEATS business.
What you'll do
- Lead a Team. Oversee the account management team for the UberEats business in Taiwan and develop mentorship and training for team members.
- Coordinate the team to define day-to-day contact plans for assigned restaurant partnership accounts, attend to urgent partner inquiries, and conduct scheduled touch point meetings and account reviews. You are passionate about helping customers directly and through others.
- Focus on customer success. Provide help and guidance and act as a main point of contact on resolving issues to restaurant partners and key accounts.
- Process scaling. Uber is a company that moves fast and does things at large scale. Help design processes in such a way that they fuel, rather than act as a bottleneck, on growth.
- Collect and act on feedback. Ensure the right balance between creating localized vs. centrally developed processes and account management tools to stay in close communication with restaurant partners and incorporate feedback into process improvements on the ground.
- Negotiate and make deals. Lead contract revision negotiations with our sales team that aims to establish the foundations of a meaningful working relationship with our restaurant partners, including sustainable economics for both parties.
- Menu Design and Expansion Planning. Structure experiments and conduct analysis to grow basket size and usage, develop optimal restaurant mix, and recommend when and where we can expand or diversify cuisine category mixes.
- Seize opportunities. Take ownership of UberEATS growth in Taiwan. Find creative solutions and follow through with them to delight users and restaurant partners - we take customer satisfaction seriously!
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of account management / customer service, operational and / or consulting experience
- Proven experience in leading and developing small teams
- A customer service orientation and experience developing deep relationships
- Experience creating and optimizing processes
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- Data-driven decision making and sound business judgment through excellent analytical thinking
- Passion for the on-demand delivery space, and food delivery in particular
- Thorough understanding of a variety of business models (we're still proving ours!)
- Bilingual Chinese and English fluency
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, and equity compensation plan.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top