EATS Operations & Logistics Manager - Taiwan
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the job
The UberEATS Operations & Logistics Manager role is a unique opportunity to help expand one of Uber's newest services, UberEATS. This is a critical role as it interfaces with EATS driver partners to optimize the food delivery process - and whatever else Uber may deliver. This operations-driven role calls for a combination of creative problem solving, detail orientation, and interpersonal ability to nurture and guide partnerships toward mutually beneficial outcomes.
This is a rigorous business side role in a high-growth environment, and you will work with the EATS operations teams along with headquarters-based engineering, product, and process teams. This role will have responsibility for the growth of the UberEATS business and personal ownership over the driver leg or restaurant leg of the marketplace.
What you'll do
- Develop & Optimize Processes. Scale new and existing processes to allow the business to efficiently operate and grow
- Optimize delivery times, earnings, restaurant satisfaction with couriers, and eater (recipient) satisfaction with couriers; help make our couriers as efficient and effectively as possible.
- Market management: You have an eye for the macro view of our market - you know how far it's profitable to drive a meal from any given restaurant, what parts of town are missing access to good Mexican food, the next part of the city we should be expanding into (and how many restaurants we'll need to have coverage there).
- Strategy. Choose which projects the team should prioritize, and set a timeline to reach goals quickly
- Product Improvement. Proactively search for new features which could improve a seamless driver and customer experience
- Process Scaling: Uber is a company that moves quickly and does things at large scale. Help design processes, whether it be restaurant prospecting, onboarding, account management, or courier growth and scaling in such a way that your processes contribute, rather than act as a bottleneck, on growth.
- Be fast, resourceful, and take initiative. Take ownership of uberEATS' growth in your city and do everything you can to enhance the quality of our services.
What you'll need
- Excellent data skills - knowledge of SQL, or mathematical / engineering background to pick it up quickly. You'll need a data-driven decision making mentality, sound business judgment, and the ability to back your analysis up with meaningful analytical thinking.
- A willingness to be "on the ground" working with our drivers
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment and adopt a generalist do-what-it-takes mindset
- Experience creating and optimizing processes
- Excellent understanding of a variety of business models (we're still proving ours)
- Employees are given Uber credits every month!
- Monthly gym and phone reimbursement.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, and equity compensation plan.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top