Driver Partnerships Manager, ANZ
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our app, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 450+ cities today, Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. If you want to have a huge impact on your city and the world, this is the place to be!
About the Role
As member of the ANZ Operations team, you will be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, able to operate and coordinate across multiple teams, and can thrive in a startup culture. You will be tasked with scaling the business, as we grow across ANZ and around the world. At a city and regional level, you will drive world-leading innovation, optimise the execution of work across teams and be a champion of collaboration between ANZ cities and the global business.
Our Supply Partnerships team helps solve complex driver side problems by working with external partners. You’ll work closely with Uber’s city operations teams to help identify the most pressing issues which can be solved at scale – and drive the solution to completion.
The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to think strategically and analytically about business opportunities (and risks), and a demonstrated track record of solving high-value problems. A keen sense of ownership, speedy execution, and scrappiness/hustle is a must.
What you’ll do
- Business Development. You will negotiate and execute complex deals that drive our business forward
- Analytics: You’ll be building models, performing analysis to understand trends, provide actionable insights, and track success of initiatives to ensure we’re driving toward the best possible outcome.
- Strategy: Determine which projects the team should focus on and set aggressive timelines to reach those goals
- Execution & operational excellence: Own the problem and refine the existing process after the deal is launched to achieve a target metric.
- Stakeholder management: Liaising with internal stakeholders (business development, legal, public relations, communications) and external partners in order to execute the solution which is best for the business and our driver partners.
- Hustle: Take ownership of the problem at hand and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking and experimentation
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- Ability to work in cross functional teams (business development, legal, public relations, communications etc.)
- Startup (all-hands-on-deck) “I bust my ass because I love it” approach
- A willingness to be “in the trenches” working with our driver-partners
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, Finance or similar field
- SQL knowledge a plus, but not required
- Employees are given Uber credits every month!
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
- Ground floor opportunity with the Regional Operations Team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top