Driver Operations Manager, Safety - Africa
Uber started out to solve a simple problem: the need to get a ride across town. Six years and two billion trips later, we’ve stumbled upon something a bit bigger: a new way to help tackle congestion—one of the most serious challenges cities face today.
We are present in over 450+ cities worldwide, including over 70+ cities in EMEA with plans to rapidly expand in the region. We have already found strong product market fit with a world changing service, but we’re only just getting started.
Longer term, we’re optimistic that smartphone apps like Uber can also offer a real alternative to individual car ownership. After all, if you can press a button and get an affordable ride across town in minutes 24-hours a day, why bother to own a car? There is an alternative to a world that looks like a parking lot and moves like a traffic jam. Join Uber to help make that future possible!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Be the primary safety liaison and business partner between the regional leadership teams, regional operations teams and HQ Trust & Safety, representing and balancing regional and safety priorities.
- Take ownership of partner-driver and rider safety in SSA to ensure that Uber is the ridesharing platform of choice when it comes to safety.
- Manage, monitor and analyze safety related incidents and trends, investigating suspicious activity and behavior, and identifying risks to Uber, partner-drivers and riders.
- Design and implement scalable process and initiatives to improve safety on the platform, displaying hustle – regardless of resource constraints and challenges.
- Set and develop best of practice standards in the region, and ensure maintenance and continuous improvement of these.
- Build productive and successful relationships with ops and functional leadership and other relevant stakeholders.
- Understand the regional objectives and plans and advise on potential safety implications.
- Translate the impact of safety programs into business operations outputs and advocate for safety interventions and awareness in the region.
- Participate in other special projects / assignments as necessary.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent.
- 5 years of applicable experience, preferably in e-commerce, risk analysis and mitigation and/or crisis management.
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Passion for safety and a drive for high performance and results.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new environments and new technologies.
- Solid judgment and a strong moral compass.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, analytical and customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task, organize and work with rapidly changing priorities.
- Strong excel and SQL skills.
- Innovative, idea driven mindset, coupled with the ability to execute.
- Willingness to travel across Africa.
- Performance driven hustler.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top