Driver - Class A
At ATG, we are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. With locations in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto, the Advanced Technologies Group is comprised of Uber's self-driving engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. Our teams are passionate about developing long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere.
Our work doesn't end with transporting people. We are also developing self-driving truck technology to move goods more safely and cost effectively around the world. We are working to make the process of moving people and goods safer and more efficient.
Do you enjoy time behind the wheel? Are you passionate about bringing new technologies from protoype to production? Uber is seeking fast-learning, energetic individuals to operate its self-driving trucks. We're building a team of people who are safety-minded and eager to be on the forefront of an emerging industry. We're looking for candidates who are ready to demonstrate the safety and reliability of our systems and technology. This role is about the technology and the people - candidates should be ready to interact with the public while operating our systems.
What you'll do
- Operate the technology in Self-Driving trucks on a shift basis
- Complete driving reports, procedures, and tests in order to collect data for engineering team
- Provide essential feedback on system performance to the team
- Interact with the public as an ambassador for Uber's self-driving technology
- Occasional travel is expected and required
What you'll need
- Demonstrated interest and technical aptitude to work with modern automotive systems
- Possess safety, testing, or maintenance experience -- all industries and backgrounds are welcome
- Capable of overcoming challenges without supervision
- Skilled in isolating, documenting, and tracking issues systematically
- Proficient in communicating with vehicle technicians, software engineers, and leadership
- True love of driving and technology desired; success is often measured in terms of hours logged in the vehicle
- At ease with use of computers, possess strong typing abilities and comfortable learning new software applications
- Flexibility for day, night, and/or weekend shifts is expected
- Msut have a valid Class A commercial driver's license and clean driving record
- 3 years commercial driving experience
- Meets all DOT requirements
- No criminal history
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- The rare opportunity to work on the development of self-driving technologies that will transform the way we move real people and things around the world
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, paid company holidays and Uber credits.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Generous PTO package.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Back to top