Driver and Rider Operations Lead
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Our Operations teams are the heart and soul of Uber. These are the teams that take our global product and localize it to an assigned market, while creating thousands of economic opportunities for drivers, and making transportation cheaper and more accessible for our riders. We are in the midst of incredible growth, which requires hard work. We are looking for leaders who are passionate about what they do, enthusiastic about collaborating with a diverse group of colleagues, and ready to roll up their sleeves to support the growth of Uber in Mexico.
The Driver and Rider Operations Lead role is a unique opportunity to have a measureable impact on your country by leading the team that will run all the national efforts of acquiring new riders and drivers and ensuring conversion numbers on all acquisition channels keep increasing, Your team will also be in charge of ensuring the experience of riders and drivers using the platform and make sure they continue to consider Uber as their best alternative to either move around our cities or generate an income.
You will be responsible for leading a team of rockstars and making sure their experience at Uber is the greatest professional experience possible. You will be key at keeping them engaged, focused, result driven and with a healthy work-life balance. You will be in charge of developing this rockstars into the future leaders of Uber. You will work closely and actively with the Mexico leadership team and be a key part of critical business and strategy decisions.
What you'll do
- People Management. People are what drives Uber and therefore the most important asset that this company has.
- Strategy and Big Picture Planning. You will be in charge of defining the strategy and designing the projects to tackle our biggest Driver and Rider problems at a national level.
- Project Management. You will be in charge of multiple projects at once and will be responsible that each one of them is supervised correctly.
- Stakeholder Engagement. You will be the POC for multiple teams in the company and be responsible for managing those relationships.
- Be Resourceful and Take Initiative. Take ownership of Uber's growth in Mexico and do everything you can to support and enhance the quality of our services
What you'll need
- Excellent excel skills, SQL skills preferred.
- Demonstrated record of positively owning and leading initiatives and projects at your organization.
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment and adopt a generalist do-what-it-takes mindset.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Fantastic opportunity to grow with the team; shape the strategic direction of your city.
- The rare opportunity to make a big impact such that everyone around you, including family and friends, are using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers with whom to collaborate in an exciting and diverse office environment.
- Paid company holidays, gym reimbursement
- Medical package to fit your needs
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top