Diversity & Inclusion Business Partner, EMEA
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
At Uber, we pride ourselves on the amazing team we're creating. The fuel behind all our growth, our bold and innovative brand, and our groundbreaking technology are the people that make Uber well, Uber. Maintaining a global team that thirsts for knowledge is no small task. Uber's Global Diversity & Inclusion team is passionate about ensuring that we are prioritizing the vast array of differences that guides our innovation and expanding a culture of inclusion that helps to celebrate those differences.
We are in need of a team-oriented and collaborative person with a consultative mind-set and a passion for diversity who can align business goals with employees and leadership for our business operations. The right person can face challenges and adapt quickly, loves solving people problems and can pivot quickly.
What you'll do
- Passionate about all things Diversity & Inclusion. You're a D&I culture carrier for Uber. You're introspective, possess emotional intelligence, are an engaged listener and strategic thinker with demonstrated flexibility to advance D&I strategy across the organization.
- Resourceful. You have amazing organizational skills, are sincere and have great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Collaborating and partnering with Employee Resource Groups (ERG's), HR Business Partners and the People Development team, as well as develop and implement strategies for engagement, promotion, and retention of diverse employees.
- Helping embed D&I processes in everything we do and connect the business with HR centers of expertise.
- Assisting in the development and delivery of diversity and inclusion programs and initiatives.
- Consulting with managers and provide guidance and coaching when appropriate.
- Identifying external trends and benchmarks that inform and complement internal team goals and employee engagement.
What you'll need
- At least three years of experience in diversity & inclusion or equity initiatives, including effective implementation of programs with measurable results.
- Knowledge and experience in technology businesses including familiarity with global diversity and inclusion concepts
- Excellent data skills and problem solving abilities, able to translate metrics, research, and trends into strategy and action
- Demonstrated ability to partner and facilitate engagement and accountability across an organization
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; must be an excellent communicator including excellent presentation skills.
- Team player with high tolerance for ambiguity and a rapidly changing environment.
- Bachelor's degree
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top