Diversity & Inclusion Business Partner, APAC
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
We are looking for a team-oriented and collaborative person with a consultative mindset equipped with a passion for diversity, who can align diversity objectives with employees and management across the business. The right person can face challenges and adapt quickly, loves solving people problems and can pivot quickly.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the TeamWhat You'll Do
- You're a D&I culture carrier for Uber. You're introspective, possess emotional intelligence, are an engaged listener and strategic thinker with demonstrated flexibility to advance D&I strategy across the organization.
- Serve as the link between the global D&I team and our in region Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), HR Business Partners, People Development team, and other cross-functional partners.
- Helping embed D&I processes in everything we do and connect the business with HR centers of expertise.
- Assisting in the development and delivery of diversity and inclusion programs and initiatives.
- Consulting with managers and provide guidance and coaching when appropriate.
- Being knowledgeable about our business.
- Identifying external trends and benchmarks that inform and complement internal workforce goals and employee engagement.
What You'll Need
- At least three years leading diversity, inclusion or equity initiatives strongly preferred, including successful implementation of programs with measurable results.
- Knowledge and experience in technology businesses including familiarity with global diversity and inclusion concepts
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities, able to translate metrics, research, and trends into strategy and action
- Proven ability to influence and build relationships with clients, partners, and people from various backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated ability to partner and drive engagement and accountability across an organization
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; must be an excellent communicator including excellent presentation skills.
- Strong track record of program and project management;
- Team player with high tolerance for ambiguity and a rapidly changing environment.
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent training, education and experience.
Bonus Points If
- You are a People Person. You build relationships quickly. People look to you for direction and feel supported by you. Simply put, you are a collaborator.
- You are Resourceful. You have amazing organizational skills, are sincere and have great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- You are always looking to grow. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things. You view challenges as opportunities and bring joy to the task at hand.
- You are motivated. You understand the impact of D&I and are committed to fostering positive and inclusive work environments.
- You are a utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.
About the Team
The fuel behind all our growth, our bold and innovative brand, and our game-changing technology is the people that make Uber well, Uber. Maintaining a world-class, global workforce that thirsts for knowledge is no small task. Uber's Global Diversity & Inclusion team is passionate about ensuring that we are prioritizing the vast array of differences that drive our innovation and expanding a culture of inclusion that helps to celebrate those differences.
Back to top