Director, Workplace Operations
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
Do you live and breathe facilities management from inception through operations? Are you constantly looking for ways of streamlining processes and doing more with less? Do you love diving into the details? If you answered yes to all of the above, this may be the opportunity that you've been waiting for! Uber is booming unlike any other company and the Bay Area is seeing a tremendous amount of growth. This role will be responsible for leading the Facilities functions at Uber's HQ sites.
What you'll do
- Be the point person for all Workplace related activities in the offices assigned to you. You will make sure that all offices in your assigned region are built on time and under budget, operate effectively, and help make people more effective.
- Work with rest of the Workplace team to help our global teams feel connected and part of the same company. Think Globally, Manage Regionally, and Execute Locally.
- Be part of the team that improves employee office productivity.
- Act as a liaison between landlord's operational teams and Uber
- Lead all San Francisco Bay Area vendor relationship includes janitorial, reception & maintenance functions.
- Lead the workplace budget for the offices assigned to you.
- Partner with food program managers for assigned offices.
- Work as part of the Bay Area team in evaluating Real Estate options and support the real estate negotiation process.
- Oversee the helpdesk function for Workplace.
- Partner with the Global Security Team to ensure office safety.
What you'll need
- 15+ years of experience in running multiple sites.
- Experience in leading both union and non-union employees in maintaining buildings and systems.
- The ability to simultaneously manage more than ten projects.
- Experience in managing owned and leased properties.
- A service oriented, hands-on leader. This is a role where you'll help make people more effective and be the Subject Matter Authority in all Workplace related matters.
- Leadership and people management skills, internal as well as vendor and partner.
- A passion for Uber!
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, eight paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top