Director, Workplace Operations
Do you live and breath facilities management from inception through operations? Are you constantly looking for ways of streamlining processes and doing more with less? Do you love diving into the details and getting your hands dirty meanwhile ? If you answered yes to all of the above, this may be the opportunity that you’ve been waiting for! Uber is booming unlike any other company and the Bay Area is seeing a tremendous amount of growth. This role will be responsible for managing the Facilities functions at Uber’s HQ sites.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Be the point person for all Workplace related activities in the offices assigned to you. You will make sure that all offices in your assigned region are built on time and under budget, operate effectively, and help make people more effective.
- Work with rest of the Workplace team to make sure that our global teams feel connected and part of the same company. Think Globally, Manage Regionally, and Execute Locally.
- Be part of the team that enhances employee office productivity.
- Act as a liaison between landlord’s operational teams and Uber
- Oversee all San Francisco Bay Area vendor relationship includes janitorial, reception & maintenance functions.
- Manage the workplace budget for the offices assigned to you.
- Partner with food program managers for assigned offices.
- Work as part of the Bay Area team in evaluating Real Estate options and support the real estate negotiation process.
- Oversee the helpdesk function for Workplace.
- Partner with the Global Security Team to ensure office safety.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 15+ years of experience in managing multiple sites.
- Experience in managing both union and non-union employees in maintaining buildings and systems.
- The ability to simultaneously manage more than ten projects.
- Experience in managing owned and leased properties.
- A service oriented, hands-on leader. This is a role where you’ll help make people more effective and be the Subject Matter Expert in all Workplace related matters.
- Leadership and people management skills, internal as well as vendor and partner.
- A passion for Uber!
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, eight paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top