Director of Indirect Tax Reporting
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
We have a pretty awesome business and there's a lot more happening behind the scenes. We're looking for a Director of Indirect Tax Reporting to lead Uber's Global Indirect Tax Team. This is a newly created role and will report to our Global Head of Tax. This is a chance for you to shine as a key member of the global tax team at Uber and is no small task. Interested?
What you'll do
- Optimise global indirect tax processes, including planning, reporting and compliance
- Support monthly, quarterly and annual indirect and sales and use tax returns in multiple jurisdictions including payment approvals and processing
- Advise on other indirect tax matters such as customs and excises, property etc
- Identify and deliver indirect tax planning opportunities
- Review new product and business lines to anticipate and minimise impact of indirect taxes
- Develop a thorough knowledge of all of Uber's internal systems that impact indirect tax reporting and lead system improvements and integrations to drive efficiencies
- Work closely with FinTech and other internal teams to implement system changes that support accurate calculation of transaction taxes in compliance with local Indirect Tax laws, regulations and policies
- Working with the Tax Senior Manager - Controversy, assist local teams with indirect tax audits and lead the working relationship with tax and revenue authorities during routine audits and ad hoc enquiries
- Monitor and analyse existing and proposed tax legislation and regulations globally and resolve the impact on the business and operations
- Ensure internal controls in respect of indirect taxes are designed and operated effectively
What you'll need
- Master's Degree in Tax, JD and/or CPA certification preferred
- Minimum 15 years of experience working in indirect taxes in both industry and tax consultancy; Solid Experience with US Indirect Taxes
- Strong skills in leading a US and Global tax team
- Experience with European, Latin American and Asian indirect taxes
- Experience using Oracle and at least one indirect tax engine
- Highly motivated, detail oriented self-starter with ability to engage in, prioritize and handle multiple tasks at one time
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with demonstrated understanding of complex tax concepts
- Extraordinary oral and written communication skills with ability to interact professionally with diverse groups
- Proficient with tax research tools, Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Employees are provided with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically urges people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top