Director of Business Development - ANZ
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our app, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 450+ cities today, Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. If you want to have a huge impact on your city and the world, this is the place to be!
About the Role
As the Director of Business Development, Australia & New Zealand, you’ll have the opportunity to join an ultra-high growth Silicon Valley startup and work at the intersection of business and government to grow partnerships and directly influence the increased usage of the Uber mobile app among hundreds of millions of consumers in the region.
Your responsibilities will include defining key segments to target, driving projects and maintaining the key relationships at senior levels of large institutions.
You will a key driver in securing key partnerships that will enable Uber to:
- Create new partnerships that accelerate growth in Uber riders;
- Increase the supply of transport available on the Uber platform; and
- Establish key relationships that increase Uber’s presence.
- You’ll also work closely with the Uber’s operations, policy, communications and product teams in the Region and San Francisco to help evolve Uber’s service and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field.
The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to think strategically and analytically about business opportunities, and a demonstrated track record of initiating and driving high-value partnerships with the largest and most important institutions across ANZ, within business and governmental sectors. A keen sense of ownership, speedy execution, and scrappiness is a must. The candidate is comfortable as an individual contributor / deal lead, as well as a manager that leads his/her team to drive an engagement.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a key member of the Uber Business team in helping to define the current landscape and drive overall strategy
- Define the Uber partnership roadmap for ANZ
- Set a strategic business plans for ANZ’s target markets and ensure it’s in line with the overall Uber strategic direction.
- Execute on Uber’s top partnership opportunities in ANZ region while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. policy, communications, product, engineering, operations, legal, etc.).
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach and effectively communicate the specific value proposition for the partner’s business and use case.
- Lead internal and partner discussions to influence
- Prepare and give business reviews to Uber senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to increasing adoption of Uber by riders and transport partners.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of our company.
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- A minimum of 10+ years of business development and government relations experience in ANZ and/or the region
- Experience with establishing, maintaining and leveraging senior level relationships at partner institutions
- Ability to fuse business, strategy, finance, policy and legal concepts to lead complex, multi-faceted deals
- Deep experience working with technology companies
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Strong code of ethics and sound business judgment is a must.
- Extraordinary rolodex of senior relationships with leaders across ANZ’s leading companies and government entities
- Understand how to work efficiently and how to influence without exerting direct authority
- MBA or JD from top university highly desired
- Prior experience working for a telecommunications, media, technology company, investment banking and or consulting business.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month!
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top