Uber is a game-changing company that is transforming transportation and logistic services with a touch of a smartphone. We are building technology that people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favourite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming a part of the fabric of daily life. We are currently searching for a Legal Director, India & South Asia with proven expertise in litigation, corporate law and regulatory matters to join the Uber Legal team and lead and manage the legal function for India and South Asia. You will report directly to the Associate General Counsel for the APAC region and will be based at Uber's India HQ in Gurgaon.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead the India & South Asia legal team (across India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh) and drive the strategic priorities in the region on all regulatory, litigation, corporate and associated policy matters.
- You will manage and develop litigation strategy in relation to cases initiated by and against the company across the region.
- Participate as a member of the India-South Asia business leadership team and be a partner to leaders across functions.
- Manage a growing legal team of highly qualified legal professionals.
- Be involved in cross functional work, including providing strategic advice to the operations, business development, policy and communications, finance and tax teams.
- Be a great people leader while also undertaking executional work. This is a hands-on role and you'll be expected to handle significant and complex legal matters with short turnaround times.
- Identify risks and successfully drive mitigation efforts.
- Manage external counsel and department budgets.
- Be an active partner to internal business groups on rolling out Uber's business across the region.
- Be responsible for compliance with laws in each of the cities in the region where the Uber App is available.
WHAT YOU ARE
- Partner (12+ years) in a mid to large size law firm or in-house legal executive used to working with a high degree of autonomy and authority.
- In-depth knowledge of the transportation sector, sharing economy, litigation and corporate issues facing technology companies and FEMA and payments related issues. Familiarity with international tax structures is required.
- A creative and problem solving lawyer with excellent business judgment.
- A strong people leader with superior leadership skills.
- Dynamic and resilient individual with the demonstrated ability to make decisions and influence, persuade and build consensus.
- Strong academic credentials and law degree from a top law school.
- A builder by heart, that isn't afraid of the impossible.
- Previous experience leading a legal team is strongly preferred.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment for a company with operations around the world.
- Enthusiastic about Uber!
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top