Developer Relations Partner Engineer
As a member of Developer Relations, you are driven to help developers build amazing experiences on top of the Uber API platform and to design the future of our APIs. Our team is responsible for supporting each and every API developer, from their first question to their last milestone, whether that’s by getting hands-on with their code, answering questions at conferences, or working 1:1 over email.
We’re taking a new approach to Developer Relations by having you work directly with the engineers that create the APIs. No fences. Zero friction. All high-octane collaboration. Your partners will get the voice they deserve and need to succeed.
Our API is a fundamental part of Uber’s future; providing a system for developers to extend and enhance the Uber experience will improve our cities and the lives of our users in new ways. Developer Relations is entrusted with the task of unlocking the creativity of the developer community to realize that vision and our partners are going to help get us there.
You will be part of a highly-focused team that understands what it takes to get partners off the ground and launched. As a Developer Relations Partner Engineer, you will work closely with business development, product management, and API engineers to ensure the successful relationship between Uber and our high-value partners.
Sounds awesome? Drop us a line and help power the future of transportation!
SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Savvy business acumen. You understand what it takes to maintain business relationships, especially those that will undergo multiple product lifecycles involving complex technical requirements. You will be able to quickly understand the requirements of the partner and distill it down to actionable API specs that all partners can benefit from.
- A developer expert. You have deep knowledge of technical stacks so that you can quickly recommend full approaches for partners. You can spot exactly where they might go wrong and have back-pocket full of suggestions to correct the course.
- An amazing teacher. Whether it’s by creating sample code, designing new APIs, or finding out exactly what that partner wants, you know exactly how to reach developers and get them up and running.
- Fearlessness. You aren’t afraid to speak up or step on toes. You know APIs and you know them well. You are driven to elevate the collective discussion around you.
- Passion. You live and breathe APIs. You love to see new integrations and nothing feels better than designing that perfect endpoint.
- Focused. You can switch context on a dime and you know how to plan your day. As a Developer Relations Partner Engineer, you’ll be coding, maintaining relationships with partners, and designing APIs. You’ll wear different hats and juggle your responsibilities. You also just got excited hearing that you get to do all these jobs.
- A jill/jack of all trades. You are an expert in REST APIs and you have a wide array of tools in your bag, be it Android, iOS, Python, Java, C#, Ruby, or PHP. You know exactly what you need to get the job done and you elevate the skills of those around you.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top