Developer Infrastructure Engineer, Self- Driving
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role UATG is hiring systems engineers who have good attention to detail and experience building a variety of infrastructure solutions to scale. Travel to various locations may be required.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Automate infrastructure provisioning and management to scale massive systems supporting self-driving development
- Support autonomy development across a wide range of functional teams in disparate regions to further the UATG self-driving mission
- Maintain availability and uptime SLAs for developer-facing and vehicle-facing services
- Maintain and support large-scale batch processing development pipelines
- Architect the future of infrastructure supporting self-driving cars at world-scale
- Execute large engineering projects with full autonomy
What You'll Need
- Prior experience programming in C/C++, Ruby, Python, Java, or Go
- Experience using Docker to create portable applications or services across thousands of servers in multiple regions
- Experience with traditional infrastructure configuration management and provisioning technologies such as:
- Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Saltstack, etc.
- Vagrant, Packer, Terraform, Cloudformation, etc.
- Experience architecting, building, and supporting distributed systems for batch processing and cluster computation
- Experience deploying infrastructure in public cloud environments (Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, etc.)
- Experience maintaining VMWare infrastructure on ESXI and Horizon
- Skilled in isolating, documenting, and tracking issues systematically
- Able to work with technical and non-technical stakeholders in cross-functional roles and projects
- Minimum 5 years supporting infrastructure in large-scale environments
Bonus Points if (optional)
- HPC administration experience and knowledge of Lustre FS and ZFS
- Working knowledge of SAS, SATA, iSCSI, iSER, PCIe, NVMe, RDMA, Infiniband, SMART, other storage protocols/interfaces.
- Good working knowledge of the Linux storage stacks and file-systems (mdadm, XFS, Device Mapper, LVM, Ceph, Swift, Lustre, ZFS, HDFS, SCST, LIO, NFS, SMB/CIFS etc.)
- You've supported storage platforms like HDFS, Lustre, or FreeNAS
- You've worked with Bazel, Buck, or other complex build system for large software projects
- You've built Machine Learning infrastructure to scale
About the Team
The UATG Developer Infrastructure team is dedicated to providing a consistent development experience across all software development use cases at UATG. In addition, we are architecting the future of infrastructure to support our expanding self-driving fleet of vehicles.
Back to top