Design Manager, Seattle
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
We're hiring a design leader to manage and scale our Seattle Rider team.
Learn more about our design team and the work being done at https://www.uber.design
What You'll Do
- You will mentor and guide others to elevate their design and communications skills on the Seattle Rider team, building and leading an amazing team.
- Uber ships at a regular cadence. You know what quality looks like and how to help product teams ship high-quality products with minimal impact on velocity.
- You'll hire excellent people. You're able to create the systems to effectively evaluate and hire designers and researchers who can take Uber to new levels of excellence.You increase the effectiveness of the entire team.
- You improve the entire design and product teams, not just your direct reports. As a leader and role model, you should be effective even when you're not in the room.
What You'll Need
- You're still a designer at heart and your portfolio reflects quality work, thoughtful decision-making and good taste.
- You know how to set the bar high on design work and talent.
- You teach the soft and hard skills. You help designers become the collaborative glue that inspires product management and engineering while also developing their core competencies at envisioning what could be.
- Strong communication skills for your growing team and a solid background in working with Product Managers and Engineer Managers.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Back to top