Design Manager, Products
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it’s heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber’s positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
We’re seeking an excellent design leader to manage and help designers and researchers on our product team realize Uber’s global vision, and together, become the best design team in the industry.
What you’ll need
- You’re still an amazing designer. Your portfolio is so inspiring that we’d consider you for a staff level position, but your interests lie more in helping others become amazing designers.
- You know how to set the bar high. Uber ships fast. You know what quality looks like and how to help product teams ship at that quality with minimal impact on velocity.
- You teach the soft and hard skills. You help designers become the collaborative glue that inspires product management and engineering while also developing their core competencies at envisioning what could be.
- You hire excellent people. You’re able to create the systems for you (and others) to effectively evaluate and hire designers and researchers who can take Uber to new levels of excellence.
- You increase the effectiveness of the entire team. You improve the entire design and product teams, not just your direct reports. As a leader and example-setter you should be more effective when you’re not even in the room. Your processes will be celebrated, emulated and copied by teams throughout the organization.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top