Design for Manufacturing Engineer
At ATG, we are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. With locations in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto, the Advanced Technologies Group is comprised of Uber's self-driving engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. Our teams are passionate about developing long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere.
Our work doesn't end with transporting people. We are also developing self-driving truck technology to move goods more safely and cost effectively around the world. We are working to make the process of moving people and goods safer and more efficient.
What You'll Do:
- Integrate complex electrical and mechanical systems
- Update hardware designs and documentation to improve manufacturability
- Design tooling that cuts assembly time, eliminates defects, and reduces cost
- Interface with the design teams and production floor
- Write process documents, work instructions, and checkout procedures
- Identify root cause of production issues and implement permanent fixes
What You'll Need:
- Experience with ISO, ERP/MRP systems, and industry experience is strongly preferred
- Organizational ability to manage data
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Print management and release experience
- Affinity for working in a dynamic, global, and technology-focused environment
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task and deal with time pressure in an unstructured environment
- Willing to travel
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, paid company holidays and Uber credits.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top