Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Design Engineering at Uber merges the roles of product design and engineering, bringing the most innovative product concepts to life. In an Design Engineering role, you will need both design and technical skills and a passion for both. You'll work in a team along with user experience designers, researchers and engineers to create proof-of-concept prototypes and interactions, helping make decisions faster and rendering complex and data rich designs and UIs that are both beautiful and highly usable.
A Design Engineer's ultimate goal is to envision and ship great experiences, and you will use your experience to produce products that touch millions of users every day.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Deliver engaging experiences using the latest in front-end technologies.
- Create detailed prototypes and web experiences focusing on elevating the end user's experiences for our web properties.
- Advise and synthesize feedback from research, design, UX and Engineering team members.
- Expand the real-world constraints of engineering to increase design capabilities.
- Identify and prioritize efforts most impactful to design and engineering.
- Build tools and frameworks that can be largely used by the broader design and engineering team.
- Ensure design intent is realized in production.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Design or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of developing websites and applications.
- Have experience building brand experiences and marketing websites.
- Relentless obsession over pixel perfect designs and interaction details that make magical experiences.
- Amazing communication and collaboration skills.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top