Design Engineering at Uber merges the roles of product design and engineering, bringing the most innovative product concepts to life. In an Design Engineering role, you will need both design and technical skills and a passion for both. You’ll work in a team along with user experience designers, researchers and engineers to create proof-of-concept prototypes and interactions, helping make decisions faster and rendering complex and data rich designs and UIs that are both beautiful and highly usable.
A Design Engineer’s ultimate goal is to envision and ship great experiences, and you will use your experience to produce products that touch millions of users every day.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Deliver engaging experiences using the latest in front-end technologies.
- Create detailed prototypes and web experiences focusing on elevating the end user’s experiences for our web properties.
- Advise and synthesize feedback from research, design, UX and Engineering team members.
- Expand the real-world constraints of engineering to increase design capabilities.
- Identify and prioritize efforts most impactful to design and engineering.
- Build tools and frameworks that can be largely used by the broader design and engineering team.
- Ensure design intent is realized in production.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Design or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of developing websites and applications.
- Have experience building brand experiences and marketing websites.
- Relentless obsession over pixel perfect designs and interaction details that make magical experiences.
- Amazing communication and collaboration skills.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top