Data Warehousing Engineer (Vertica Team)
Uber is currently looking for developers with expertise and passion for building large scale data analytics systems. The Data Warehouse team is part of the Data Infrastructure team at Uber and is responsible for building the data warehousing and interactive querying systems which are highly available, fault tolerant, replicated and efficient. Our mission is to architect, develop, and deploy world-class big data systems to empower every tier of our incredibly fast growing company. In this role you will have the opportunity to design and build out the infrastructure that powers the way that all of the groups within Uber, from data scientists to city operations teams, access our huge trove of real-world data. Everything we do at Uber is data driven, and as part of the Data Warehousing team you will be at the heart of things.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
HERE IS WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Ability to translating functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Work with other teams, understand their requirements and deliver and operate appropriate large scale, distributed services
- Experience with parallel query optimization and execution, large scale data analytics, highly available/fault tolerant systems, replicated data storage, and operating complex services running in the on-prem or cloud are all pluses
- Under the hood experience with technologies such as Vertica, Google BigQuery or AWS Redshift is a plus
- Experience working with technical infrastructure teams to spec and design the physical configuration of the cluster is a plus
- Mentoring other engineers, fostering our fast paced culture in them, and helping to build a fast-growing team
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top