Data Scientist - University New Grad
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it’s heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber’s positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Are you interested in developing and applying quantitative solutions to resolve Uber’s problems? Do you believe data creates better products and has a key role in product decisions? This is the job for you.
You’ll be partnering with Uber’s product and engineering teams to drive actionable data insights and solutions from some of the world’s most interesting datasets. Our data scientists work on every aspect of the product – whether it’s exploratory research to understand user behavior for riders and drivers, or running experiments to optimize untapped areas of growth, or developing machine learning models to mitigate fraud on our platform. The perfect candidate will have a deep quantitative background, will be able to address abstract business and engineering problems with extreme precision, and has the enthusiasm and initiative necessary to deliver those answers at Uber’s fast pace.
What you’ll need
- Quantitative background in Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics or other technical field. Graduate degrees are a plus.
- Experience with common analysis tools – e.g. R, Python, SQL. Demonstrable familiarity with code and programming concepts.
- Excellent product mindset – you ask and address the most important analytical questions with a view toward driving product impact.
- Passionate and attentive self-starter, great communicator, amazing follow-through – you are entrepreneurial and love the responsibility of being personally empowered.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top