Data Scientist - Ubernomics
The Ubernomics team is responsible for supporting the Chief Economist and creating
an architecture that allows Uber to enhance the rider and driver experiences
using rigorous economic methods. Building off of an extensive literature on
field experiments, the team uses Uber’s vast data to construct economic models
of behavior to understand which factors influence riders and drivers and how.
The team partners with product managers, engineers, and city leads to understand
the current customer experience and to experiment with new incentives and
features for riders and drivers. In addition, the team supports the Chief
Economist in other projects aimed at better understanding Uber customer behavior
through economic analysis and experimentation.
As a Data Scientist on this team, you will be responsible for executing the Chief
Economist’s mission. You will be on the cutting edge of applying economic
thinking to large quantities of data in order to model the behavior of riders
and drivers in response to incentives and other features. In addition, you will
work to understand, plan, and analyze experiments in order to develop an even
better understanding of riders and drivers.
- 2+ years of experience in a quantitative analysis role
- BA/BS/MS in Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative field (advanced degrees are a plus)
- Experience with common analysis tools – SQL, R, and Python. Demonstrable familiarity with code and programming concepts
- Advanced knowledge of experimentation and statistical methods
- Ability to deliver on tight timelines and move quickly while maintaining attention to detail
- Strong communication and organization skills
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top