Data Scientist - Ubernomics
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
The Ubernomics team is responsible for supporting the Chief Economist and creating an architecture that allows Uber to enhance the rider and driver experiences using rigorous economic methods. Building off of an extensive literature on field experiments, the team uses Uber's vast data to construct economic models of behavior to understand which factors affect riders and drivers and how. The team partners with product managers, engineers, and city leads to understand the current customer experience and to experiment with new incentives and features for riders and drivers. In addition, the team supports the Chief Economist in other projects aimed at better understanding Uber customer behavior through economic analysis and experimentation.
As a Data Scientist on this team, you will be responsible for executing the Chief Economist's mission. You will be on the forefront of applying economic thinking to large quantities of data in order to model the behavior of riders and drivers in response to incentives and other features. In addition, you will work to understand, plan, and analyze experiments in order to develop an even better understanding of riders and drivers.
What you'll need
- At least 2 years of experience in a quantitative analysis role
- BA/BS/MS in Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative field (advanced degrees are a plus)
- Experience with common analysis tools - SQL, R, and Python. Demonstrable familiarity with code and programming concepts
- Advanced knowledge of experimentation and statistical methods
- Ability to deliver on tight timelines and move quickly while maintaining attention to detail
- Excellent communication and organization skills
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Back to top