Data Scientist - Uber for Business
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber for Business is on a path to revolutionize the way businesses manage their ground transportation needs. We need creative, quantitative thinkers with the ability to clearly synthesize and communicate insights from product data to accelerate us down this path.
As a Data Scientist on Uber for Business you will work hand in hand with the Product, Marketing, Design, Sales and Engineering teams to keep product development data driven and informed. Candidates are expected to act with high levels of autonomy to guide their team's roadmaps and build their data products. We have multiple roles open with responsibilities spanning all of the following:
- Predictive modeling of fraud, user behavior and sales opportunities
- Experimental design for product changes (many with difficult constraints)
- Defining and measuring metrics and KPIs
- Quantitatively understanding the end-to-end business travel experience
- Sales and Onboarding optimization
What you'll need:
- Quantitative background in Statistics, Computer Science, Math, Economics, Physics or another technical field. Graduate degrees preferred.
- Extensive experience with common analysis tools - SQL, R, Python, Julia or similar. Demonstrable familiarity with programming concepts.
- 2+ years experience in quantitative analytical roles, preferably product related.
- Highly analytical and able to extract key insights from data then communicate them clearly and effectively to stakeholders.
- Ability to work in high growth, ambiguous environment.
- Advanced knowledge of experimentation and statistical methods.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top