Data Scientist - Uber Everything
Data Science – Uber Everything
Are you interested in working at the intersection of applied quantitative research, engineering development, and data science? Do you have interest in developing and applying quantitative solutions related to Uber’s uniquely challenging problems? If so, then this is the job for you.
Uber Everything Data Scientists embed with Uber’s logistics delivery marketplace (for Everything!) and help solve the most challenging quantitative problems related to Uber’s ambitious initiatives in the logistics space (such as UberEATS and UberRUSH). These fascinating and challenging problems include: demand prediction, menu recommendation, and supply chain optimization for UberEATS; batching, scheduling, routing algorithms for UberRUSH; dynamic pricing and supply positioning to improve logistics marketplace efficiency, and many more.
Since Uber Everything Data Scientists focus strongly on the mathematics and engineering related to optimizing the economics and operations of Uber’s logistics delivery marketplace, particular preference is given to candidates with backgrounds in Operations Research, Operations Management, Machine Learning, Statistics, or similar.
We are looking for people with advanced quantitative degrees (PhD preferred) who are comfortable enough with research methodologies that they can tackle abstract business and engineering problems with extreme precision, and who have the enthusiasm and initiative necessary to deliver those answers at Uber’s breakneck pace. You should also have demonstrable programming skills (Python experience is even better) and be comfortable with engineering development process.
Here are the specific skills we are looking for:
- Prior research, data science modeling, or engineering experience in the aforementioned domains
- Strong quantitative background: PhD preferred
- Familiarity with technical tools for analysis – Python (with Pandas, etc.), R, SQL, etc.; Python skills and previous software engineering background a plus
- Research mindset with bias towards action – able to structure a project from idea to experimentation to prototype to implementation
- Driven and focused self-starters, great communicators, amazing follow-through – you aggressively tackle your work and love the responsibility of being individually empowered
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top