Data Scientist - Strategy & Planning LatAm
Do you have a passion for data, analytics and modelling? Would you like to put those skills to work in one of the world’s fastest growing companies? Would you like to do that in one of the company’s largest and most dynamic regions? If you do, this might be the job for you!
The Data Scientist in Latin America’s Strategy & Planning works directly with regional leadership to explore and generate valuable and actionable data-driven insights, including: driver/rider engagement, incentive efficiency, and generally making magic out of Uber’s impressive amount of real-world data.
- Work closely with key stakeholders in the regional leadership, operations, and finance teams to develop deep understanding of all the metrics driving our growth
- Collaborate with other S&P stakeholders in the region to make sure data insights are relevant to both individual countries and Latin America as a whole
- Apply strict sampling and statistical inference techniques to derive insights from small samples of data, while working as a thought partner to identify new sources of data
- Develop rigorous data science models to evaluate the accuracy of Uber’s internal metrics
- Automate and own the end-to-end process of modelling and data visualization
- Present models, findings and insights to senior management to drive business decisions
- 3+ years of experience in a quantitative role
- BA/BS/MS in Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative field (advanced degrees are a plus)
- Proficiency in SQL/HIVE, R and Python
- Advanced knowledge of statistical methods (sampling, inference and stat modelling)
- Experience in financial modelling is preferred
- Self-motivated, works independently and possesses strong organizational skills
- Employees are given Uber rides each month
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, healthcare, and equity (shares)
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top