Data Scientist - Strategic Partnerships, Financial Services
We’ve partnered with Capital One to introduce Payment Rewards, which enables riders to earn and redeem rewards on Uber by using a Quicksilver card. We’ve also partnered with Visa to introduce Local Offers, a product that allows users to shop and dine at their local favorites to earn free Uber rides. As a Data Scientist on Financial Services Partnerships, you’ll be partnering with product and engineering to shape the future of programs that make riding with Uber more rewarding than ever.
You’ll be driving all data-related work for these strategic partnerships — from designing experiments to optimize every aspect of the rewards products, to performing causal inference to understand the incremental impact of new product launches, to using machine learning to generate actionable insights, to building recommender systems to deliver timely and relevant experiences to users.
The perfect candidate will have a strong quantitative background, will be able to tackle abstract problems with extreme precision to deliver high impact, and have the enthusiasm and initiative necessary to move at Uber’s breakneck pace.
We are looking for
- 2+ years of experience in quantitative analysis experience (preferably in an engineering or product role).
- Quantitative background in Statistics, Computer Science, Math, Physics, Economics, or another technical field. Graduate degrees preferred.
- Experience with common analysis tools — SQL, R, and Python. Demonstrable familiarity with code and programming concepts.
- Strong product mindset — you ask and tackle the most important analytical questions with a view on driving product impact.
- Driven and focused self-starters, great communicators, amazing follow-through — you are entrepreneurial and love the responsibility of being individually empowered.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top