Data Scientist, Self Driving
At ATG, we are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. With locations in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto, the Advanced Technologies Group is comprised of Uber's self-driving engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. Our teams are passionate about developing long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere.
Our work doesn't end with transporting people. We are also developing self-driving truck technology to move goods more safely and cost effectively around the world. We are working to make the process of moving people and goods safer and more efficient.
What you'll do
- Access Uber's planet-scale data store while gaining subject matter expertise in various parts of the autonomy stack.
- Learn from world-renowned practitioners of robotics, mapping, perception, logistics, machine learning, motion planning, mobile communications, and other fields;
- See your work deployed fast and often into the real world and stretch yourself as you switch from one tough problem to another;
- Work with an outstanding engineering team and the support of an established data infrastructure;
- Benefit from working at a dynamic startup inside an established, well-capitalized company;
- Get in at the beginning as we grow the data science team!
What you'll need
- We have positions available for experienced data scientists, as well as those at bachelors, master, and PhD levels
- Skills as a full-stack data scientist… equally proficient in software development, statistics, machine learning, big data, and visualization Don't worry if you haven't covered each one—we learn skills from each other
- Excellent software development skills (preferably in Python or C++).
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, ten paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top