Data Scientist - Seattle
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it’s heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber’s positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber Seattle works on some of the most interesting problems across Uber. We are truly a collection of startups within a startup. Smart cities for example, is working with cities to make transportation as reliable as running water for everyone by automatically detecting and reporting potholes, dangerous intersections, and even traffic hotspots. UberFamily is finding novel ways to empower people to efficiently and safely move around their entire families. The Airports and Venues team is defining the airport pickup experience of the future-imagine a zero touch experience you simply get off a plane and get into your Uber. The Scheduled Rides team is breaking the mold again and has managed to prove out a whole new business vertical. Each of these amazing teams is truly its own self-contained, fully staffed business unit with a singular mission and bias towards action.
As a data scientist working with any of these teams, you will push your comfort zone until you are truly a full-stack data scientist who not only can but constantly and rigorously:
- Defines and drives analysis which regularly and fundamentally alters vision of the team through deep and holistic understanding of both rider and driver behavior,
- Develops a myriad of statistical and machine learned models for everything from classification to real-time prediction using a mix of internal and external data,
- Delivers strategic projects that materially affect the company’s overall bottom line,
- Crafts and monitors the business unit’s KPIs
all in the confines of a real-time two-sided marketplace across the entire world.
Uber is a fast paced, high-growth company filled with high performing folks with a passion to change the world. If you want to join our team, here’s what we’re looking for:
- Driven and focused self-starters, great communicators, amazing follow-through – you are entrepreneurial and love the responsibility of being individually empowered.
- At least 3 years of highly analytical experience ideally in data science, applied researcher or other like fields.
- SQL and Hadoop.
- R or Python.
- Machine Learning Techniques especially time series, and geospatial.
- A/B testing especially in two sided marketplaces
- Graduate degrees in quantitative background: e.g. Statistics, Computer Science, Math, Operations Research, Applied Psychology, Econometrics, or other technical field.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top