Data Scientist, Performance Marketing - APACx
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our app, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 450+ cities today, Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. If you want to have a huge impact on your city and the world, this is the place to be!
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced data scientist on our APAC Marketing team to use advanced analytics and modeling to drive spend decisions for Uber’s multi-million dollar marketing budget.
You will be responsible for collaborating with our HQ team in San Francisco in building and applying models that define where we should spend our marketing dollars, driving increasing efficiency through model-driven optimizations. You will be responsible for building attribution and media mix models that will inform decisions across Uber’s Global marketing budget, accelerating both demand and supply growth in APAC! The right person for this role has a passion for leveraging large scale data analysis, predictive modeling, machine learning and technology to power decisions across our marketing budget.
You will play a big role in defining overall modeling methodologies, project priorities and team direction.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate on building production grade models on large-scale datasets to optimize marketing performance by utilizing advanced statistical modeling, machine learning, or data mining techniques.
- Leverage models to address key growth challenges such as predictive LTV, cross-channel spend allocation, response modeling and media attribution for both our riders and drivers.
- Build robust attribution models that effectively measure performance of each digital and offline channel, and also understand synergies across channels.
- Collaborate with marketing leadership, design, product and engineering teams. Participate in project planning/prioritization meetings, stakeholder meeting, data prioritization meeting, etc.
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of experience in advanced quantitative analysis and (preferred) M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or other relevant technical field.
- Experience with machine learning techniques and advanced analytics (e.g. regression, classification, clustering, time series).
- Advanced SQL skills – comfortable working with very large data sets. Familiarity with Hadoop/Hive.
- Significant experience with a programming language (Python/Ruby/C++/Java/R) required.
- Expert knowledge of marketing platforms (Google Adwords, Doubleclick, Facebook Ads) a plus.
- Experience in building advertising bid optimization algorithms a plus.
- Experience in marketing attribution a plus.
- Strong execution and organization. This team will be working with marketers, engineers and product leads in rapid development cycles, and you should be comfortable executing with little oversight.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top