Data Scientist - Machine Learning, Global Intelligence
Are you interested in working at the intersection of growth hacking, applied machine learning, engineering, and advanced data analysis? Do you have an interest in developing and applying quantitative scalable solutions related to Uber’s growth problems? If so, then this is the job for you.
Machine Learning Data Scientists on the Global Intelligence team work closely with product, engineers, marketing and operation teams to tackle major growth problems such as driver/rider preference, engagement and churn. You will take the lead on identifying patterns of driver/rider choices, developing the intelligent system to interact with Uber’s millions of drivers and riders.
We are looking for people with advanced quantitative degrees who are comfortable enough with research methodologies to tackle critical business and engineering problems, and who are enthusiastic about dealing with complicated structured/unstructured data. You should also have demonstrable programming skills and be comfortable with engineering development process.
Here are the skills we are looking for:
- 2+ years of experience in research, data science, or engineering experience in building and implementing optimization systems, machine learning models/algorithms, particularly around classification, ranking, segmentation, multivariate regression, pattern recognition, etc.
- Excellent programming skills – ability to prototype effective simple or complex algorithms and collaborate with engineering team to implement them in the production system.
- Solid data skills – ability to extract complex data from various data systems and streamline the process.
- Strong quantitative background: PhDs preferred.
- Driven and focused self-starters, great communicators, amazing follow-through – you aggressively tackle your work and love being individually empowered.
- A preference for growth hacking – you solve the problems in the most efficient and effective ways.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top