Data Scientist - Machine Learning, Global Intelligence
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Are you interested in working at the intersection of growth hacking, applied machine learning, engineering, and advanced data analysis? Do you have an interest in developing and applying quantitative scalable solutions related to Uber's growth problems? If so, then this is the job for you.
Machine Learning Data Scientists on the Global Intelligence team work closely with product, engineers, marketing and operation teams to address major growth problems such as driver/rider preference, engagement and churn. You will take the lead on identifying patterns of driver/rider choices, developing the intelligent system to interact with Uber's millions of drivers and riders.
We are looking for people with advanced quantitative degrees who are comfortable enough with research methodologies to address critical business and engineering problems, and who are enthusiastic about dealing with complicated structured/unstructured data. You should also have demonstrable programming skills and be comfortable with engineering development process.
What you'll need
- At least 2 years of experience in research, data science, or engineering experience in creating and implementing optimization systems, machine learning models/algorithms, particularly around classification, ranking, segmentation, multivariate regression, pattern recognition, etc.
- Excellent programming skills - ability to prototype effective simple or complex algorithms and collaborate with engineering team to implement them in the production system.
- Excellent data skills - ability to extract complex data from various data systems and streamline the process.
- Superb quantitative background: PhDs preferred.
- Passionate and attentive self-starters, great communicators, amazing follow-through - you have a great work ethic and love being personally empowered.
- A preference for growth hacking - you resolve the problems in the most efficient and effective ways.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top