Data Scientist - Global Partnerships Travel
At Uber, we work tirelessly to provide a consistently amazing experience, not only when you are in the comfort of your home city, but also when you are traveling to a new one. We are looking for an experienced data scientist to support our travel partnership efforts globally and make Uber part of every trip — by air, on land, or by sea.
How do we best work with United Airlines to make Uber the de facto way their customers get to/from the airport? Can Uber present itself as a compelling alternative to car rental? What are the most effective marketing campaigns and channels for targeting travelers throughout their journey? As the data scientist for Travel Partnerships, these are the types of questions you will help answer with effective experimentation design and actionable data insights.
The perfect candidate will have a strong quantitative background and at the same time excellent business understanding in order to tackle abstract business and engineering problems with extreme precision, and has the enthusiasm and initiative necessary to deliver those answers at Uber’s breakneck pace.
Here are the kinds of skills we are looking for:
- 2+ years of experience in quantitative analysis experience (preferably in an engineering or product role).
- Quantitative background in Statistics, Computer Science, Math or other technical field. Graduate degrees preferred.
- Experience with common analysis tools – SQL, R, and Python. Demonstrable familiarity with code and programming concepts.
- Strong product mindset – you ask and tackle the most important analytical questions with a view on driving product impact.
- Driven and focused self-starters, great communicators, amazing follow-through – you are entrepreneurial and love the responsibility of being individually empowered.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top