Data Scientist - Global Intelligence (New York)
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Are you interested in working at the intersection of growth hacking, data, engineering, and advanced analytics? Do you have an interest in developing and applying quantitative scalable solutions related to Uber's growth challenges? If so, then this is the job for you.
Data Scientists on the Global Intelligence team work cross functionally with the product, engineering, and operations teams to develop models, optimization strategies, tools and insights related to competitive positioning, driver/rider engagement, and promotion/incentive efficiency. We generate the vital intelligence required for Uber's strategic decision-making and product roadmaps, focused on solidifying UBER as the preferred choice in ride-sharing.
What you'll do
- Work closely with key stakeholders in product, finance and operations to form deep understanding of growth and marketplace dynamics, including product and pricing patterns, outlier detection, forecasting, and imputation
- Collaborate with product and engineering to integrate various sources of data.
- Apply strict sampling, statistical inference, and survey techniques to derive insights from small samples of data.
- Develop rigorous data science models to aggregate inconsistent real-time signals into strong predictors of market trends
- Automate and own the end-to-end process of modelling and data visualization.
- Present models, findings and insights to senior management to catalyze business decisions.
What you'll need
- At least 3 years of experience in a quantitative role
- BA/BS/MS in Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative field (advanced degrees are a plus)
- Proficiency in SQL/HIVE, R and Python
- Advanced knowledge of statistical methods (sampling, inference and statistical modelling)
- Experience in financial modelling or with survey techniques is a plus
- Self-driven with the ability to work in a self-guided manner
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top