Data Scientist - Global Intelligence
Are you interested in working at the intersection of growth hacking, data, engineering, and advanced analytics? Do you have an interest in developing and applying quantitative scalable solutions related to Uber’s growth challenges? If so, then this is the job for you.
Data Scientists on the Global Intelligence team work cross functionally with the product team, engineering, and operation teams to develop robust data science models, tools and insights related to: driver/rider engagement, promotion/incentive efficiency. We provide vital data science intelligence for Uber to make key strategic decisions and drive product roadmaps to strengthen UBER as the preferred choice of ride-sharing.
- Work closely with key stakeholders in product, finance and operations to form deep understanding of growth dynamics, including incentive/promotion structure, pricing, pool match etc.
- Collaborate with product and engineering to integrate various sources of data.
- Apply strict sampling and statistical inference techniques to derive insights from small samples of data.
- Develop rigorous data science models to evaluate Uber’s promo/incentive efficiency in the category.
- Automate and own the end-to-end process of modelling and data visualization.
- Present models, findings and insights to senior management to drive business decisions.
- 2+ years of experience in a quantitative role
- BA/BS/MS in Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative field (advanced degrees are a plus)
- Proficiency in SQL/HIVE, R and Python
- Advanced knowledge of statistical methods (sampling, inference and statistical modelling)
- Experience in financial modelling is preferred
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top