Data Scientist - Global Intelligence
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it’s heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber’s positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Are you interested in working at the intersection of growth hacking, data, engineering, and advanced analytics? Do you have an interest in developing and applying quantitative scalable solutions related to Uber’s growth challenges? If so, then this is the job for you.
Data Scientists on the Global Intelligence team work cross functionally with the product team, engineering, and operation teams to develop extensive data science models, tools and insights related to: driver/rider engagement, promotion/incentive efficiency. We provide vital data science intelligence for Uber to make key strategic decisions and drive product roadmaps to strengthen UBER as the preferred choice of ride-sharing.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with key stakeholders in product, finance and operations to form deep understanding of growth dynamics, including incentive/promotion structure, pricing, pool match etc.
- Collaborate with product and engineering to integrate various sources of data.
- Apply strict sampling and statistical inference techniques to derive insights from small samples of data.
- Develop rigorous data science models to evaluate Uber’s promo/incentive efficiency in the category.
- Automate and own the end-to-end process of modelling and data visualization.
- Present models, findings and insights to senior management to catalyze business decisions.
What you’ll need
- At least 2 years of experience in a quantitative role
- BA/BS/MS in Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative field (advanced degrees are a plus)
- Proficiency in SQL/HIVE, R and Python
- Advanced knowledge of statistical methods (sampling, inference and statistical modelling)
- Experience in financial modelling is preferred
- Self-driven with the ability to work in a self-guided manner
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top