Data Scientist - Fraud and Security
The Fraud and Security Data Science Team keeps fraudsters and other bad actors out of the Uber marketplace. The adversarial problems we solve are among the toughest challenges a data scientist can encounter. Our opponents morph everyday, and we use data at scale to uncover them in a digital cat-and-mouse game. Because of this, our team is a key partner in every Uber program, from China expansion to empowering uberPOOL to make cities more efficient. We work directly with product managers, engineers, financial analysts, and security investigators. As a member of our team, you’ll protect Uber’s riders and drivers by bringing state of the art technology to bear on the world’s richest dataset about how people move.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Skills we look for:
- 2+ years of experience in a quantitative analysis role.
- BA/BS/MS in Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or another quantitative field (an advanced degrees is a plus, but not necessary).
- Experience with data wrangling, modeling, and telling a story based on data.
- Experience with machine learning and common analysis tools: SQL, R, or Python.
- Demonstrable familiarity with code and programming concepts.
- Attention to detail, leavened with the hustle to make things happen fast.
- Passion towards solving the toughest problems in computer science.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month to let you explore the city
- Gourmet lunch and dinner
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app: we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top