Data Scientist- Experimentation
Uber Data Science is looking for world class experimentalists and data scientists to join its Experimentation Platform, a group responsible for building tools and intuition to push fast, accurate, informative experimentation to every corner of the company. Specifically, this team works to build self-service technology that’s deeply integrated with the Uber codebase, making it easy to design and deploy intelligent experiments, monitor them while they’re running, and get real team experimental results accessible by anyone at the company.
Who is the Experiment team?
Experimentation at Uber starts with A/B testing and immediately jumps into the deep end of the pool; we’re building tools that allow engineers and data scientists to test things like dispatching, ride sharing, and dynamic pricing algorithms applied to a real-time, stochastic marketplaces around the globe. We’re looking for experienced scientists and experimentalists who’re comfortable working in cross-functional teams of engineers, scientists, and product professionals to tackle projects that sit at the intersection of infrastructure, data science, and our business operations.
- Design experiments to evaluate the optimization in the rider-partner marketplace
- Develop statistical models/analysis and apply them into solving real-time problems
- Partner with Software Engineering and Product Management teams to build internal infrastructure and programs in a large scale
- Communicate with product teams and turn hard and abstract into simple and approachable
- Define key business metrics for experimentation and running large scale experiments that deliver impactful results to the business
- Collaborate with Data Modeling teams to design metrics and develop SQL queries to generate reports
- Influence the product teams through data driven recommendations
- Automate analysis and pipelines via SQL and python based ETL frameworks
- A graduate degree or equivalent in applied statistics, computer science or a quantitative domain
- 3- 5 years working experience delivering, scaling, and owning highly successful and innovative experiments and data science products
- Experience with big data using technologies like Hadoop, Hive, and Spark
- Experience with a variety of relevant data manipulation languages (Python, R, SQL)
- Great communication skills
- Uber credits each month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Gym reimbursement, 9 paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top