Data Scientist- Experimentation
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber Data Science is looking for world-class experimentalists and data scientists to join its Experimentation Platform, a group responsible for creating tools and intuition to push fast, accurate, informative experimentation to every corner of the company. Specifically, this team works to develop self-service technology that's deeply integrated with the Uber codebase, making it easy to design and deploy intelligent experiments, monitor them while they're running, and get real team experimental results accessible by anyone at the company.
Who is the Experiment team?
Experimentation at Uber starts with A/B testing and immediately jumps into the deep end of the pool; we're developing tools that allow engineers and data scientists to test things like dispatching, ride sharing, and dynamic pricing algorithms applied to a real-time, stochastic marketplaces around the globe. We're looking for experienced scientists and experimentalists who're comfortable working in cross-functional teams of engineers, scientists, and product professionals to address projects that sit at the intersection of infrastructure, data science, and our business operations.
What you'll do
- Design experiments to evaluate the optimization in the rider-partner marketplace
- Develop statistical models/analysis and apply them into solving real-time problems
- Partner with Software Engineering and Product Management teams to create internal infrastructure and programs in a large scale
- Communicate with product teams and turn hard and abstract into simple and approachable
- Define key business metrics for experimentation and running large scale experiments that deliver impactful results to the business
- Collaborate with Data Modeling teams to design metrics and develop SQL queries to generate reports
- Guide the product teams through data-driven recommendations
- Automate analysis and pipelines via SQL and python based ETL frameworks
What you'll need
- A graduate degree or equivalent in applied statistics, computer science or a quantitative domain
- At least 3 years working experience delivering, scaling, and owning highly successful and innovative experiments and data science products
- Experience with big data using technologies like Hadoop, Hive, and Spark
- Experience with a variety of relevant data manipulation languages (Python, R, SQL)
- Great communication skills
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top